domingo, 20 de noviembre de 2011

Reflections on week 6: Web 2.0

I’ve been hearing about Web 2.0 for a long time and I knew very little about this term before but now I’ve got a clearer idea of what it is. As stated by Paul Anderson, Web 2.0 is more than a set of cool and new technologies and services; it has at its heart, a set of some powerful ideas that are changing the way people interact. We can actually perceive how powerful the World Wide Web has become. People have changed the way they use the Web in both a personal and a business sense. Web 2.0 is a change in how we use the Internet nowadays; it is no longer a space to obtain information; it is a space to interact and communicate with others worldwide.
I started to use some of these Web 2.0 tools for my class a couple of years ago. The first tool was Skype. It is fantastic to see how Skype has overcome barriers such as distance, time, and money. Calls are free from Skype to Skype. There are no boundaries with Skype. After this, I started to use  in my classes Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, Google maps, Diigo and more recently Blogger and Prezi; but there are actually other Web 2.0 tools that I am going to start using in my classes very soon.
Sometimes with Web 2.0 I feel like a traveller who doesn’t know where to go next; there are so many tools that we can use for our classes that we don’t really know which one to go first but I guess it is a matter of time and practice to see which one works best for each one of us.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario